"If we cannot live so as to be happy, let us at least live so as to deserve it."
~Immanuel Hermann Fichte

Friday, October 20, 2006

Hooray!

This is a post about achieving a goal. (It's also a post that may sound like gibberish to anyone who reads it. lol)

When Vern got me to start playing WoW again I decided to try AV. Blizzard had instituted cross-realm battlegrounds while we were gone and I wanted to check it out. Oh, it’s so much fun! Man, do I love pvping.
My two main characters (Arinne & Arrie) were both exalted with AV within 2 weeks. I bought Arinne the Frostwolf howler since she plays mostly in instances with Vern and his friends. Sadly, I couldn’t buy one for both of my characters. (It's 640 gold - a lot of money in the game.) SO, I decided that Arrie would look cooler on a black war raptor anyway. It costs less money, but you have to receive rank 11, which takes a lot of pvp time and you are competing with every other player on your realm each week for honor. On my (very crowded) realm that is a lot of competition. PvPing with Arrie is a blast, so I decided to go for it anyway.
I’m not super competitive with others, but will make goals for myself and do whatever it takes to achieve them. Every day I’d say I had to have this much honor, and do a little better than the day before. This last Tuesday, when they posted the updated honor I finally got my reward. I actually decided to get four of them. You see, if you work hard enough to get to rank 11, you can buy any of 4 epic mounts from your faction, and while the raptor is my favorite, I decided to buy all four. (Only 9 gold each!) Along the way I have met some cool people. Sadly most of them play on other realms, so I only see them in the battlegrounds.
Anyway, I was so excited to reach that goal. I'm going to keep going until I hit warlord, for my epic pvp armor set. (Another couple of ranks.) I made it halfway to the next rank anyway, might as well keep going, right? Ha. Who knows, I may even ho for hwl. It only means little sleep for an extra month or so. lol
Anyhow, I don’t expect that most of the people who actually read this will know or care, since most of my friends don’t play WoW, but I was so excited that I took screenshots just so that I could blog about it. =)
Arinne on her howler...
Arrie's new toys...


Bed time! Sleep well. =)

2 comments:

Julie said...

OMG!!! *screams in joy* WOOHOO!!! GO APRIL!! GO APRIL!!

So freakin' cool!!!!

I am so happy for you can you tell? lol

Those things look so freakin' cool!

Man, I am so jealous! :) Very very very cool. Ok was that enough cool for you? :)

April said...

Thanks Julie! *grins*
You will be the only person reading my blog besides Vern who fully understands my excitement. lol It means a lot.
Thanks so much! =D