"If we cannot live so as to be happy, let us at least live so as to deserve it."
~Immanuel Hermann Fichte

Thursday, April 07, 2011

abcd efg hijk lmnop qrs tuv wxy and z sing with me!

Is it really Thursday already? I am such a slacker! My apologies. :)
Let's see... Well, I am still gimped in the photograph department. (A fact I find quite depressing, actually, though I have planned a work-around or two. So sneaky, I know, but I can promise that this entry will not just be another boring wall of text.)

So here we go with the week so far in my little world. Alphabetically for kicks!

Another random post is about to happen. Sorry!
I've been helping Brandon level his warlock a little bit in WoW. Fun stuff! I may finally finish levelling mine and actually learn how to play one. :)
Of  course C is for cuddles! They are a much-needed daily dose of sunshine for me. :)
Dear Vivian, I thought of you lots yesterday. (the 5th) I hope you had a fabulous birthday!
Elijah has decided that he wants to be a rock star when he grows up. Such cuteness! lol I think that Lego Rockband may be responsible, at least in part, for this decision. :)
My whole Family has been singing Forget You lately. Blame Kirsten. And Glee. Yeah. :)

Gosh, I'm only on G? This is gonna take awhile... :P
Have I mentioned yet that I want pudding? Yeah, it's 3 am, I can't sleep and I want pudding. Mmmmm... :)
I have not been running lately. My gym membership ran out & we haven't been able to renew it yet, and my treadmill belt has needed to be oiled for months now, rendering it unusable. Yeah, another no-go. My life seems to be filled with those things of late. Bummer. :(
Just changed two pillowcases, Maiah's diaper, her pajamas & the sheets beneath her. Her diaper soaked through. Ick. No wonder she's having a big middle-of-the night awake period. Maybe she'll get warm & comfy now that she's dry.:p
Kirsten and two of her friends are trying out for their school talent show tomorrow. Wish them luck! There will be flippage of their performance at the show, of course!
I had my Last can of diet vanilla Pepsi earlier. Sadness. :(
Maiah still hasn't gone back to sleep. She keeps tickling my lower back, giggling and saying "mommy's butt!" and "got you!" So cute, but I swear it's just my back. :p
Another No-go: The race I wanted to run this month. Registration never happened & training fell apart with the whole gym thing, so yeah. I plan to go cheer the runners on though, to motivate me for September. :)
Of course, the lack of gym membership paired with the fact that I actually still get hungry (even when I don't work out) has me feeling positively chunky. Sometimes I hate that I like food. o.O
Mmmmm... Pudding please! And sunshine too - so I can run outside. And the stupid expensive lube for my treadmill. And my gym membership. While we're at it could we fix my computer? And Vern's? And, and... Okay, yeah, I could really use some pudding. :P
I'll Quit whining. Sorry!
Richard is still MIA. :( He told Pain (I think ...or someone) that he'd be gone a couple weeks or something, but yeah - I miss him. We have this core group of people that have played together for so long - I honestly worry/miss them when real life happens and they disappear. (*cough* Yen... *coughcough* Canc & Oshee ...It'll be *cough/bonkLorecough* soonish if he stays gone. :p) I guess it's dumb, we just play a game and all, but these are some of my most favorite-est people ever and they matter to me. It's not as much fun when they go away. :(
It is Spring! And it hasn't snowed in a day and a half! And the next storm isn't here yet. Yay!
Oh, and my Tulips are looking good so far, despite the crazy Utah weather. I hope they hang in there. We'll see. :)
My Usual happy things list has been impaired with my photography, working out/running, WoW, blogging and such all being impacted in negative ways right now. And there's the guilt that stems from Kori's wedding pictures being stuck just because I am. I'm used to being stuck in some ways, but lately life has been a little ridiculous. :(
All I can say is thank goodness for monkey cuddles. And pudding.  And yeah, bring on the damn tulips! :)
(Oooh, I wonder if I can remember how to get into my photobucket account - I could put up my old Spring banner - it had some happy tulips! I'd make a new one, but yeah. Not an option.)
Vern's computer is sick. He was trying to re-format it tonight but it was still not acting right at first, and he started to wonder if it was a hardware issue. Not sure yet what it was, but I'm really hoping he can get it back up and running so that I can continue to use it to play & blog while mine is collecting dust, waiting for parts. *crosses fingers*
Wait, I was supposed to stop whining. Let me think of some happy things to share. Hmmm... I was told last night by 3 different people that I don't look my age. (We all know I love it when that happens. lol) I had mentioned Brandon's age & was told I don't look at all old enough to be his mom - 2 ladies had guessed that I was 13 years younger?! Yeah, I do love those moments. Especially when they happen in 3s!
Oh, and it happened at an art eXhibit at BYU that I ended up going to. It was a girls night that I was unsure about, but that ended up being fun. If you ever find yourself on campus, go to the BYU Creamery on 9th street. Seriously yummy burgers & fries at the grill, and the ice cream & waffle cones are so good. :)
Yet another person I was speaking to the other day looked at me when I spoke of loving shaking a brand new bag of milk as a kid - getting it nice and foamy, then making a tiny hole in the corner & squeezing out the yummy bubbles straight into my mouth. Mmmmmm... :) Everyone I say "bag of milk" to here thinks I'm crazy. I promise I'm not. At least not about this. :p So I looked up some pictures of said format online. Here's what I'm talking about - milk... in bags... sold in Canada... consumed by happy little kiddos like I once was. Oh, and this first one shows a milk jug, like the ones we all put the bags in, after we sliced the corner off for pouring. :)
 

(No copyright infringement intended - these are not my images. I'm grateful these photos existed online to demonstrate what my own words could not.)

Zzzzzzzzzz... Time to find my pillow.
'night!

1 comment:

Helena said...

Ah, the creamery... we used to go there for break when I was on the pruning crew. Good times.