"If we cannot live so as to be happy, let us at least live so as to deserve it."
~Immanuel Hermann Fichte

Saturday, April 02, 2011

girls only

Kirsten & I have had some good opportunities to hang out and talk lately. Girls nights/days kind of rock. :)
On Thursday we sat out on the driveway with Maiah & Elijah, enjoying the sunshine & creating some awesome sidewalk chalk art. It was fun! We need to get some more sidewalk chalk. And we need more sunny days. :)
We watched mobbed together last night. Awesome proposal/wedding! The girl freaking out and being so emotional was some seriously good watching. We decided that from now on any guy who proposes to his girl, no matter how much thought or heart he puts into it is going to be asked "um, where are my dancers?" Okay, so we're mostly kidding, but it was a fun show.
Then tonight Tangled brought tears. It was an I laughed, I cried, it moved me Bob kind of movie. "You were my new dream..." "you were mine..." *sniff* So sweet. :)
It's been nice enough for evening walks this week too. (Well, non freezy-cold ones. It's not like we didn't walk all winter - it was just less enjoyable. :p) I love that tradition of ours. More talking. And exercise. And chocolate. Well, usually. ;) Oh, and she can still find Orion on a clear night like I taught her. Good girl. :)
Kirsten is way too hard on herself, like most girls are, and she's every bit emotional as I remember being at that age. Maybe worse. lol She has some good friends, and there are some girls I'd like to strangle on her behalf. (Okay, so I'm mostly kidding again, but I still think girls are mean and wish I could do more than just listen & try to help her through these years.) Jr. High is seriously difficult stuff at times, but those can also be some totally fun years to look back on. She's a lot like I was, though I'd say she's better off in some ways and is dealing with her own issues and circumstances. I think she'll be okay. I hope so.
I wish I could share some pics of my beautiful Kirstie Leigh. And of our awesome sidewalk chalk art. Or something. Soon I hope. Blogging without pictures is only half as fun.
For now though I'm going to sneak me in a WoW turn. I waited all night for a free computer. 
It's me time. :)


Later!

No comments: