"If we cannot live so as to be happy, let us at least live so as to deserve it."
~Immanuel Hermann Fichte

Saturday, August 27, 2005

I'm it?!

Hey Becky!

Funny, after coming home tonight from seeing you for the first time in a year I read your blog, and you've tagged me! I'd have poked you if I'd read it before heading out for our adventures today.

Well the thing going around is to list 5 idiosyncrasies about yourself, and then pass it on.
Here I go with mine...

1. If I even think I may have just seen a bug of any kind anywhere near me I get itchy. Really itchy. All over. Ick. I don't do bugs.

2. My toothbrush does not live in the bathroom. Not even in a drawer. If we had a linen closet in there I'd consider it. The thought of poop-particles on something that enters my mouth icks me right out. (It lives on the dresser in my bedroom closet, and has a cover to prevent dust or anything else touching it.)

3. Speaking of entering my mouth I have food texture issues. I love the taste of beef, poultry & pork chops, but if there are any chewies present I won't touch it. If it's shredded/cut up and in something I am much more brave about it. (Like chicken enchiladas, deli-sliced turkey sandwiches or ground beef in pasta sauce.) I like my bacon crisp, don't eat ham & would prefer to stay far far away from anything still attached to a bone. (Meat is generally attached to the bones by chewies...) Gag.

4. I'm a detail person & a visual person. With a horrible short-term memory. I won't remember your name tomorrow if I meet you today, but could probably tell you the color of your eyes, what you were wearing, whether you had any jewellery or makeup on & how you carried yourself. (Who? Oh, the girl in the pink shirt with the blonde hair & green eyes who smelled like vanilla? Yeah, I remember her. Loved her watch. What was her name again...?)

5. That leads into this. I don't care if you're prettier than me, smarter, skinnier or whatever, but I will do my damnedest to try to feel on par with you in my confidence level. I have struggled with self-esteem & confidence throughout my life, and have done so much better in recent years to learn self-value & to like myself as-is. While others are trying to be the smartest, funniest, coolest or whatever, I am just trying to like myself when I'm around the rest of you. It takes effort to relax enough to be myself. There's no time to be the anything-est, but I sure am proud of me when I can communicate well & carry myself well in the presence of others. I will stress out and pray my heart out beforehand if I have to be around new people. This doesn't translate to when I'm working (If I'm shooting your wedding I'm totally different than if I'm at your birthday party as a guest. In work-mode I know what I'm doing, so I am totally outgoing. It's when I'm expected to be me in a socal setting involving new people that is nervewracking.)
(To really relax and be myself takes a level of trust on my part that not many people have reached. There are few people who know me really well, but I sure do love the ones who do.)
:)

Yeah, I'm a dork. That's okay. :) Now I can tag someone else! Ha!
Holly and Robin you two are it!

edit: Okay, so this morning, reading over this entry I am sure that the 5th one isn't an idiosyncrasy so much, but I'm leaving it since I can't think of one at the moment to replace it.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yea! I'm glad you played! :) I knew most of these things about you (except the toothbrush thing, that was new! LOL).

As far as being the anything-est....well, you know what I think. :)

Love ya...I had SO much fun this weekend with you!! Let's not let it go another year!

Helena said...

Green eyes that smelled like vanilla? Whoa. ;)

Hey, I'm thinking of things... anyone want to tag me?

April said...

LOL Helena!
Now I have to fix it.
That could be number 6. I'm not capable of leaving a grammatical or spelling error alone. It must be fixed. Usually I catch them when I read through things, if I haven't caught them while typing. I'm slow but accurate. Or at least I try to be accurate.

Anonymous said...

10/21/05
My dearest friend April. How I have missed you. I'm finally taking this Friday to read through your blog to catch up on the last 8 years we've been apart. I just had to stop at this section (especially when I read comment 5) to let you know that I'm so proud of you that I'm literally bursting at the seams. You and I have been through so much in Toronto. You are an inspiration. All these wonderful friends you have made over the years (that I'm getting to know through this blog) truly love you and I'm so grateful they have been there with you when I'm so far away. I miss you and love you dearly.

nbde2020 said...

fake rolex
orologi replica
replica uhren
replica watches