"If we cannot live so as to be happy, let us at least live so as to deserve it."
~Immanuel Hermann Fichte

Monday, August 08, 2005

33

While we were packing & without the internet I had a birthday. Yay me! I'm older. Well, it was a good one. Lunch out, Hires for dinner. (Mmmmmmmm...) Getting Lauren soaked on the bumper boats at Boondocks. Then Vern came home with this for me...
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
I hadn't meant to hint that I wanted a Calla Lily plant when I'd eyed them at Lowes, but I'm thrilled that he picked me up one anyway. My favorite. Maybe I can even keep it alive for awhile. We shall see.
After boondocks, even though I was wet and had stuck my hair in pigtails to get it off my neck I let Brandon take a picture of me. Oh my, I saw these shots & was ickified. It's okay that I look my age, but since when is it okay to have crinkly eyes & break out at the same time? (Yes people, they are crinkles, not wrinkles. I am still in denial.) I looked at these and felt positively pooky. The only way I'm even sharing is by messing with one enough that it is no longer an actual picture of me, just a sort of representation. Of me. Age 33.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

April my friend, you are beautiful. Happy birthday. :)

Anonymous said...

you are a beautiful gal inside and out! glad your b-day was a good one!