"If we cannot live so as to be happy, let us at least live so as to deserve it."
~Immanuel Hermann Fichte

Saturday, August 13, 2005

fourteen

Brandon is 14 today.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I had the opportunity to tell him my 3 guidelines for my teeneaged children.

1. I trust you.

2. You can tell me anything.

3. I love you unconditionally, thus will forgive you and love you no matter what.

I'm a worrywart type mom. It was important for me to say those things to him this week. He's been off having fun getting to know his biological dad. I have been a bundle of nerves. It's going really well though.
Brandon is such an awesome person. I'm so proud of him for who he is, and how he handles himself. He amazes me on a regular basis. I love you B! Happy birthday!

Sorry for the picture repeat. Brandon does not love having his picture taken, and is very picky about which ones I can share. I'll have to see if I can get a good one of him today. :)

2 comments:

Helena said...

Happy birthday Brandon!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Brandon, from the Thompsons! :)