"If we cannot live so as to be happy, let us at least live so as to deserve it."
~Immanuel Hermann Fichte

Saturday, November 28, 2009

I live!

It was just a crazy-busy week.

I'm finally done with the wedding project I've been working on forever & ever. Yay! I handed Jeannette digital negatives on Thanksgiving. In the end I think the number of shots was manageable for them and not so overwhelming. Hooray! I just really hope they like them. It always makes me nervous, I just want happy people. I personally thought that they were beautiful, happy & adorable throughout, but I love 'em so I may be a little biased. :) One good thing about me holding their pics hostage forever is that they can surprise people in time for Christmas?! Yay. :) I'm going to celebrate by re-acquainting myself with my WoW friends. At least that's the plan. Haven't made it on yet. :(

I think it's sad I didn't manage to blog on Thanksgiving. We had some good food with a bunch of Vern's family. It was nice. I was tired. I hadn't slept in 2 days at that point. I made it up that night though. lol

The no-sleep thing does seem to be a trend - I was up all last night decorating my tree. Well, and dealing with a babe who had a rough night. That's what made me take so long. (Every time I got her settled back down I snuck back out to keep going. I'm all stubborn like that.) I've been tired of my old tree decorations the last few years, and this year I found a really pretty gray & silver tree skirt and gathered me some black & silver ornaments. I'm in love - it's just the prettiest tree ever. Yeah. :) It's not quite finished yet though - I need a topper. I'm thinking I'll buy some wide wired black ribbon with silver trim & make a bow for the top. Or something like that.
I of course took some pics of my handiwork so far to share. Well, mine & Elijah's handiwork - he woke up at 5 am and helped me finish. He's awesome like that. He was just bummed there were no presents yet. lolHmmmm... They look dark on here. Oh well, you get the idea. :)

One more piece of unfinished business is Kirsten's hair.
We lightened it last night. It's light! It's also really bright! lol She's hating the brassiness - we're going to have to buy some cool-toned blonde dye to tone it down. She says she feels like a banana. Poor thing. So no pics yet. Not til it's all fixed & she's feeling good about it. :) (She was willing to go to see New Moon with me in between our two lightening attempts. It was more orange and less banana-ey at that point.) My brave girl. It was worth it I hope. I'm pretty sure Taylor made it so. ;) lol

Well Ej's sounding not-so-hot this morning & Maiah's not sounding much better. I need to get 'em their meds & then if some bigger people would wake up I think I'm ready for a nap. :p

Happy Saturday!

2 comments:

Helena said...

Gorgeous!

Good luck with Kirsten's hair!

MamaBug said...

I love those ornaments!! Beautiful tree!