"If we cannot live so as to be happy, let us at least live so as to deserve it."
~Immanuel Hermann Fichte

Thursday, November 12, 2009

woo! :)

Some people use their blogs as a place to really write and contemplate different things. Some people share their creativity, use it as a business venue or a social tool of sorts. I'm not really sure what mine is about. I don't take the time to be deep or write lengthy posts very often, and I'm not some super-crafty person who's sharing my amazing creations with the blog world. I'm just some girl who likes to poke her head in here and say a little something sometimes & share images along the way. I hope that's okay with those of you who make it here. I do appreciate the readership - it's so nice that I'm not just talking to myself. :)

Yeah, I spent some time reading through some of my friends' blogs tonight. It was nice catching up. I know some amazingly creative, successful, talented and thoughtful people. Most of them I don't get to actually talk to or visit with very often. Blogs are great that way. I feel like I had some girl time tonight between making dinner & diaper changes. Yay! Go me. :)

2 comments:

~**Dawn**~ said...

What I love about blogs is that we can make them into anything we want. I like mine to be "slice of life." I like that I can scroll back through my archives & see a photo, read a blurb or a meme, whatever I happened to share on a given day & know that I captured myself exactly as I was in that split second in time. I can see what made me smile, what was happening at that time, how I've changed...all in one place. =)

April said...

You're so right Dawn. Blogs can be and are all kinds of things to different people. And I think you may have just described my favorite kind of blog. I feel like I'm still in touch with friends and have had some glimpses of people I otherwise wouldn't even know because of what they choose to share online. It's a pretty cool thing.
We were looking through pics of my kiddos on here the other day and laughing at different moments I chose to share. It is fun to look back. To have a place to do just that. :)