"If we cannot live so as to be happy, let us at least live so as to deserve it."
~Immanuel Hermann Fichte

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

one of those things

This is just one of those things – you know, a meme, questionnaire, whatever – just blogging in a question/answer form for lazy kinds of days. :)

A nickname I answer to: Ari :)
Born in: Toronto, ON Canada (I grew up in North York)
Chill to this music: Um... a very random list. I love all kinds of music.
Don't like: Meat chewies. Gag.
Enjoy: walks! diet pepsi! cuddling with my kiddos! naps!
Find me here in my dreams: On the beach. :)
Gotta have: Lotion. Lip balm. A scrunchie to get my hair out of my face. :p
Honestly couldn't live without: my kiddos.
I love: pudding! my kiddos! working out! mexican food!
Just don't _____ me: lie to me
Know how to: Um, lots of things. I know how to compose a great shot, speak pig latin, sing the Canadian national anthem in French & English, recite "In Flanders Fields" & cheer people up. :)
Love my: Blonde stripeys! Pretty pink nails! Beautiful monkeys ...I mean kiddos!
My name at birth: April Joy Crouch
Not a fan of: Mean people. Spiders. Barack Obama :p
Openly ____: ...not-yet-American :(
Proudest moment yet: Hmmm... have had lots of proud mommy moments. My kiddos rock. :)
Quality _____ is important to me: ...work. If you're going to do something, do it right.
Random childhood memory: The Wonderland bus with my sister & her friends. lol Preppy shorts or not I had a blast hanging out with 'em . :) The willowtree swim meets were always fun too. :)
Singing along to: Daughtry's No Surprise atm.
Try my best to do this every day: exercise! smile!
Unknown fact about me: I, um... don't have anything popping into my head! We'll come back to this. :p
...Okay, most people expect that in college I was either in an English or photography program. I always thought I'd go into graphic arts, but when the opportunity came for me to go back to school I landed in the LIT program. (Library Information Technician. Not MLS - I didn't want to be a librarian, just a tech.) My favorite aspect was doing the coding for the computer cataloging system. I've always loved libraries - they're quiet, full of info on anything you can possibly be interested in, there are billions of books to devour and people to interact with if you so choose. It was all about organization & helping people. Perfection. :) Oh, and comfy little spots to enjoy all of the above. :) Yeah.
I didn't get to finish though. I landed here instead.

Very interested in: Photography.
Want to do this before I die: Feel like I'm a person my kiddos can be proud of. Take more control of my life, get my American citizenship. See some places. Do some things. :p
eXtra-special friends get to witness my: dorky side?! unconditional love! totally sarcastic sense of humor?! My yummy, gooey, sticky rice crispy squares. :)
You'll love my: kiddos! and, um, see above? :p
Zap that ____ before I scream!: Spider! Ick.

2 comments:

Helena said...

I like "See some places. Do some things." Works for me.

Robin said...

April, you are awesome!! I love reading your blog. I started to laugh thinking about wonderland and the "prep" shorts!!! Boy, we had a blast there!! Love you lots!! xoxoxo