"If we cannot live so as to be happy, let us at least live so as to deserve it."
~Immanuel Hermann Fichte

Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Untitled

So ever since AmyG put the video for Low Millions Eleanor on her blog I've had it in my head. Good song! Brandon wants me to see if I can find it on itunes.
We were looking at the site she got the video from, and of course the first band we searched for was Simple Plan because Brandon & I both love them. We wanted to see if they had Untitled. Not only is that another song that sticks in my head, but I love the video. I love how they have it so that when the crash happens the people who are affected by it are physically affected, as if they were there. Such a cool & powerful visual.
I realize that my taste in music can tend to be angry-ish or slightly depressing sometimes. It's not that I'm angry or depressed - I just love when people really express themselves. Those are two honest emotions that I somehow tend to gravitate towards in music. Sing along - really belt out a good angst-ridden song and see if that doesn't just make you happier. There's nothing like well-expressed raw emotion, whatever your flavor. It's like a good release or something. Make it Alanis or Avril, or hey - my fave of the last year has been Simple Plan. (Welcome to my Life is an awesome one! And the Shut Up video is so funny!) Vern thinks I'm crazy that my "happy" music is usually not very happy. (At least in his eyes.) That's only because he's not singing along. He should try it.
Here's the video for Untitled. It's not a happy song by any stretch, but I do absolutely love it anyway. Putting this one on here means that I can go between Amy's blog & my own to get my fix of the songs running around in my head. :)

*video removed*

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

April- I heard this song on the radio and loved it! I tried downloading it but couldn't find it. That's an interesting music video... very sad... Glad we have the same taste in music! :)