"If we cannot live so as to be happy, let us at least live so as to deserve it."
~Immanuel Hermann Fichte

Wednesday, October 12, 2005

It's okay

Some days things just don't go the way you planned them. Some days you don't want to get out of bed. We all have moments where we want to cry or scream. It's okay. It's alright to not be okay.
Just when you're done, accept the hugs & support of those around you, and move forward. With a smile if at all possible. I figure if you can do that then everything will work out just fine.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com


btw... Elijah's needs were not ignored in the taking of this picture. He was hugged & consoled immediately afterwards & resumed his usual smiles & laughter. This was just too cute to not grab a quick shot of. :)

4 comments:

Christy said...

Awww! I just want to pick him up and squeeze him. So he can give me a look like, "Who is this strange lady that just wants to pinch my cheeks?"

He's a doll, April!

Helena said...

I have a few pictures along those lines--I almost worry about showing them to anyone for fear they'll say, "The child was crying and you were taking pictures!?"

Anonymous said...

April, your photography is amazing!!!! And I also love the color of your shots. Kind of a light hint of sepia to your b/w. What is your process?

he is cute!!

April said...

Thanks Marilyn!
I do different things, depending, but mostly I use a platinum curve on a very light opacity layer or a light sepia tone on a 15% or so opacity layer. Just enough to warm it up is all.