"If we cannot live so as to be happy, let us at least live so as to deserve it."
~Immanuel Hermann Fichte

Thursday, July 30, 2009

I wish I was an Artist

I am more of a graphic artist. Give me elements that already exist & I can arrange them in a pleasing way in a given space. I'll even create the elements myself if they happen to be things like photos & typography. But draw? Sadly not so much.

I really wish I could, so that I could get the ideas in my head onto paper. My latest idea, and one I really want to keep for future reference is for a table. It incorporates a carved lion, a carved gargoyle & a slab of black marble. It'd be for in my bedroom, and would be a longer-ish narrow table with the lion on one end facing lengthwise with the slab resting on his back & the gargoyle facing forward on the other end holding up the slab, showing off some wingspan.
Can you picture it? I can picture it beautifully in my mind & would love to have it made some day. If I can figure out how to get it onto paper.
I've always loved gargoyles, lions, dragons and such, and to some day have some in my room would be so cool. (I have an older idea for a headboard that involves a carved dragon. Like I said, some day. :p)

And with that, I'd better go find my pillow. My eyes are closing involuntarily as I sit here. :p
Have a great night!

1 comment:

MamaBug said...

I wish I could draw, too. The table sounds cool. I'd love to see it some day.