"If we cannot live so as to be happy, let us at least live so as to deserve it."
~Immanuel Hermann Fichte

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

rawr

Aagh... it's been days again! I'll have to do a recap of sorts.

Um... the weekend...
Vern played the computer to his hearts content all weekend, relaxed, and had chocolate pie for his 35th birthday on Sunday. Happy birthday Vern!
So yeah, a nice quiet, low-key kind of weekend here. Vern's big excitement was his pie. Mine was a making myself a totally yummy salad. It rocked.

Oh, a funny for yesterday.
Well, it starts off with a grumpy though.
Vern called last night to say he was leaving work and would be home in 1/2 hour or so. 2 1/2 hours later I called to see if he was alive or dead somewhere at the side of the road. He was alive, and hanging out over at his mom's house. (They get talking & he forgets the rest of us. My least favorite thing in the world is people who are inconsiderate. A quick "Hey I'm stopping at my mom's" would have been sufficient to let me know he could be hours longer than anticipated.) I was unimpressed, especially because he was supposed to bring home bread to go with his (now cold) dinner. He offered to still go at that point & I told him I'd just walk over when he got home.
~Now for the funny.~
Vern decided to come with me. On a walk. To Peterson's. lol (He doesn't walk anywhere, ever. Except to the car. A true Utahn. :p) So we got to the store, grabbed what we needed & he was like "Oh crud, now we actually have to walk home." Uh yeah. lol That's kinda how it works.
He did make it. And he got to see the sprinkler house that made me lose my pants. (An embarassing story for another day.) And creepy guy corner. He enjoys the smell of his hometown (I hate it - horse poop & stuff. Ick.)
I'm not sure he got brownie points for coming, but it was funny to see him try. I think he maybe even liked the walk. Or at least parts of it. I can see him trying again. Maybe next summer or something? Go Vern! :)


I need to do a Maiah post soon. She's just awesome - I love my princess beautiful. She learned to growl back at me. Soooooo cute! rawr. :)

Yeah, that's all Ive got.
Vent's been quiet & I need a photoshop break - doing the same stuff over & over again makes my eyes all blurry & me all sleepy. Not good. Need to wake myself back up so I can keep going.

Have a fabulous Tuesday people!! :)

1 comment:

MamaBug said...

Oh my gosh!! I can't believe I forgot Vern's birthday. Give him a hug for me while I go hang my head in shame. Love you both!