"If we cannot live so as to be happy, let us at least live so as to deserve it."
~Immanuel Hermann Fichte

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Happy Monday

As I struggled to get out of bed this morning (last night was a late night) I was greeted by sweet, smiling kiddos. Generally, my fresh-out-of-bed disposition is not all that sunny. Okay, so I'm a grump first thing in the morning. Anyhow, I've noticed that my family is capable of changing that rather quickly. Little Vern has this knack of being extra cute and cuddly right when I need him to be and I think he's been teaching Elijah his tricks. Even Vern was in a good mood after work today and made me smile. The poor man is on some heavy duty pain meds for his back - it might have cheered him up a little to be in less pain than usual. For his part though, he brought some cheer to my day too.

These were 5 of today's happy moments:
1. Elijah's was the first face I saw this morning, and he was smiling, cuddly and chattering away.
2. Little Vern was such a big helper today. I love how he does what he's asked without whining. I wish that all of my kiddos were like that.
3. Brandon took some pictures of me this weekend. Thanks B! Needed a new shot for on here. I love that B can work my big old camera for me. :) I have to admit that I hate how when I'm this tired it shows and makes me look like 50 years older. Ugh. Oh well, I'll use these shots until I have something new to work with. (Preferrably taken on a day when I'm not so tired. :p)
*pic removed-space issues on photobucket*
4. Kirsten fed Elijah lunch and played with him so that I could close my eyes and try to nap away a headache. It worked and I was grateful for the help.
5. Vern let me finish his ice cream tonight. (It was the only chocolate in the house.) Yummy! He was in a good (albeit loopy) mood, and when he's happy I'm happy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

B was right...you look wonderful in that picture!