"If we cannot live so as to be happy, let us at least live so as to deserve it."
~Immanuel Hermann Fichte

Sunday, June 18, 2006

Lost and Found

I'm so glad that I had a moment to spare today and decided to browse through my blog a bit. I stumbled across a comment that I missed in May. It was from my friend Denise.

Denise was my neighbor and one of my best friends growing up. Her mom was my second mom. I used to get on my knees as a teenager and knock on their door and ask for cookies. I went to Nova Scotia with Denise to visit some of her family there. Over the years there were sleepovers, dances - you name it. I was there when she met her husband, but that is not a pretty story. (I'm still so sorry about that night!) She is family. They are family.
I had lost track of them.
My mom still talks to her mom. My brother went to her brother's wedding. Last I had heard she was expecting a baby. It's been long enough that the baby could be a toddler by now. My mom has always been great about keeping me up to date when we talk. Sadly, it's been months since I last talked to my mom.

Anyhow, in May Denise commented on my blog and I almost missed it! I have no e-mail address or anything, but just in case she ever peeks here again I'm hoping she'll see this and we can change that. I want info! lol Oh, and thank you Robin for telling her about my blog. Hopefully I'll be able to find a way to be in better contact with her again. That'd be so cool.

Oh man, I wish I had a working scanner. The pictures I have to go with this entry would be so much fun. Pictures of us as teenagers on a train to Nova Scotia, as little kids playing on a blanket in front of our houses, from swim meets, camping and Youth Center dances. Oh my. Good times.

No comments: