"If we cannot live so as to be happy, let us at least live so as to deserve it."
~Immanuel Hermann Fichte

Sunday, June 11, 2006

I...

Saw this on Becky's blog and wanted to give it a whirl.

I AM: always stubborn, usually optimistic and never 100% sure of myself.

I WANT: a new camera. Actually two - one for me and one for Vern. And a few new lenses. And... and...

I HAVE: a good husband, beautiful kiddos and some chocolate ice cream in the freezer.

I WISH: that we could afford the dental and orthodontic work our kiddos need.

I HATE: phone calls from bill collectors.

I MISS: My family. Toronto. Jamaican patties.

I HEAR: Kirsten reading out loud. LV singing. Some birds.

I WONDER: how Nina and Lauren are doing on their trip to the Holy land (They were planning on being at the garden of Gethsemane today) how Kenyon is doing in England and if Elijah is asleep enough to put him down.

I REGRET: leaving Toronto without first making amends with my mom, visiting more family members and taking more pictures.

I AM NOT: a morning person.

I DANCE: with Kirsten, LV and Elijah.

I SING: all of the time. I make up songs and sing 'em to my kiddos. I sing along with almost anything that plays on the radio. I love to sing.

I CRY: at movies, when sad songs play, when other people cry, and when my feelings are hurt.

I AM NOT ALWAYS: patient.

I MAKE WITH MY HANDS: food for my family, photographs... Not as many things as I used to...

I WRITE: often. It's my favorite form of communication. I express myself much better in writing. If I could hand out notes to people I come in contact with and limit the need for speaking I would be much more comfortable.

I CONFUSE: easily. Ha!

I NEED: a vacation. It's been a long and stressful year.

I SHOULD: finish getting ready for church.

I START: to get overwhelmed and then I shut down. That's what my therapist says. I'm trying to get a handle on things so that I don't shut down so often. (Apparantly it isn't healthy to cease to funtion.) It starts with learning how to not let things overwhelm me. If you know me and the particulars of my life then you can say "HA!" along with me now... (Though I am trying. Wish me luck!)

I FINISH: this blog entry with a challenge to those who read it. Your turn to finish these sentences!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Loved reading your list! I think the "I hear" one is my favorite of everybody's...It's so unique.