"If we cannot live so as to be happy, let us at least live so as to deserve it."
~Immanuel Hermann Fichte

Friday, June 16, 2006

Two steps behind.

Awww man. Know what I realized today? That I've been blogging for a year! I totally missed my anniversary on the 3rd. I'm so glad I had a reason to go back and check out that first month's entries (looking for the date of the first post.) It made me smile to see what I was writing about back then. I ended up reading the whole blog. Now that was fun! It would have been cool to have realized the anniversary on time, but that just isn't me.

I'm not fabulous when it comes to remembering and acting on things like that. I'm horrible at getting birthday cards in the mail. I think about people all of the time. I'll note that a bithday is coming up, then I miss it completely when it arrives and they don't hear from me. I had planned to do something for my nephew Tyler for his birthday (May 27th) and have to admit that I missed it. Again. Same goes for April 5th. Every year leading up to Vivian's birthday I think of her and how much I'd like to do something nice. Then I write about it on my blog a couple months later when I'm admitting that even though I have good intentions I tend to forget and miss things. It is not on purpose. I'm not sure why I tend to fall two steps behind, but that is where I tend to be. Something to work on.

Anyway, in the past year thousands of people have read my blog, with 1584 individuals & 5566 total hits since I put the counter in. (I forget when I added the counter - I'm thinking Winter? There's that memory again. It was January, I just checked. Yay - I was right!) Anywhere from 5-30 people peek per day. A handful of you have posted replies. I have made new friends and kept old ones up to date on the happenings of my life. I've shared lots of pictures (completely filling up a photobucket account along the way.) I've written about everything from mommyhood to American Idol & snorkeling puppies on toilet paper. Sometimes I didn't write much at all.

It's been fun. Imagine that. :)

So happy (belated) blogging anniversary to me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yea! Happy blogversary! :)
Oh and you're so not alone on the forgetfulness about cards and stuff..I'm terrible at that kind of thing.

Anonymous said...

Happy 1 year anniversary! I always enjoy what you write and all the yummy photos you take :)