"If we cannot live so as to be happy, let us at least live so as to deserve it."
~Immanuel Hermann Fichte

Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Comforts

Mmmmm... I made some taco soup yesterday for dinner for the first time in awhile. I had some again today for lunch. Yummy! It's such a comfort food for me. It's been a cold day too. I must admit, I'm about ready for Spring. Bring on the flowers & sunshine. I'm a much happier girl when it's not cold and gray. Thank goodness for things like taco soup, that warm me up and help me through the less than sunny sorts of days.

My top 5 comforts this winter have been:

1. Hot chocolate. Mmmmm...
2. My thermal blanket. I do not sit in this chair without it. It's lightweight but oh so warm and comfy. :)
3. My iTunes. Everything is better to music. :)
4. Late night phone calls from friends. They know who they are. There's nothing more comforting than the voice of a friend.
5. Cuddles and kisses from my kiddos. They're the bestest. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love hot chocolate too, April! I'm addicted to the stuff!! ;o)