"If we cannot live so as to be happy, let us at least live so as to deserve it."
~Immanuel Hermann Fichte

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Distractions and Thanks

I wish I was a stronger person emotionally. I'm sure it doesn't look great when my reaction to the news that my FIL is back in the hospital is to play WoW. (He's back in the cancer institute after his latest bloodwork showed high calcium, a high risk indicator for heart attacks.) I welcomed the distraction of the game and company of a friend as I was trying not to cry. Maybe if I were stronger I'd have thought of something better to do with myself. I'm so worried about him. He looked like he'd lost even more weight on Sunday and is in obvious pain and having a hard time moving around. He still has harder surgeries to prepare for, so things like high calcium and heart attack risk just slow down the process of trying to get better. Continued prayers would be appreciated.

Apologies for blogging less. I'm stressed, worried, very tired and am not always sure what to say. I do want to thank those who've been kind and supportive through this. It makes a huge difference. It really does. Thank you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sis, you and the family are in my thoughts and prayers. Take care of yourself. Love you bunches and bunches! xoxoxo