"If we cannot live so as to be happy, let us at least live so as to deserve it."
~Immanuel Hermann Fichte

Monday, June 11, 2007

What a weekend! Sorry for not blogging. Between the swimming, reading and playing I hardly ever sat at my computer. It's definately feeling like summer for the most part. Poor Kirsten still has a couple more weeks of school to go though. Vern's dad has now been home from the hospital a week. He's recovering really well and should be back to normal for a bit before his next surgery.
I've got mixed feelings watching Vern care for his dad. He's so loving, patient and just amazing with him. He has always jumped when his parents asked/needed, and its a great thing. There is this part of me that can't help comparing how he treats me to how he treats them and it's not a pretty comparison. It's not great timing for us to be struggling & fighting so I'm trying not to add to things, but somehow we've been fighting even more anyhow. It seems like that's just what we do. I guess we've got to take our frustrations out somewhere, right? :p
Well, that's what's been going on around here. A friend is shooting his first bridals next week & we were talking lighting. I was trying to explain backlight to him - how it can be so pretty with the veil/hair if you meter carefully so as not to silhouette but figure it's easier to show him. I only found 2 examples in my web file though. Maybe I should start going through my old stuff and make a web-ready portfolio of sorts that I can refer to. Anyhow, here ya go G.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

First of all gorgeous shots & lighting. You should talk photography more on your blog, you have a way of explaining things that helps me to get it. Some stuff goes over my head, but still. You always have beautiful examples too. You need a photo blog or something for people to drool over. -Ann

Anonymous said...

Pretty pictures April.