"If we cannot live so as to be happy, let us at least live so as to deserve it."
~Immanuel Hermann Fichte

Friday, June 22, 2007

surgery

Today at noon my FIL had surgery on his leg. Earlier this week they did a few MRIs to find out what was causing him so much pain. The tumor on his back has only grown a little, but they found one on his femur that is eating at the bone. Correction, was eating at the bone. The surgery at noon today replaced the effectively broken bone with a metal rod. Hopefully he'll be able to walk without so much pain now. They're hoping to move up his back surgery too. For now though, I'm just waiting on the call that says he's out of surgery and recovering.

Happy Friday blog readers!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am thinking about you and the family April! I am glad that the second surgery is over. He is in my prayers. Lots of love to you and the family! bunches and bunches!! xoxoxo