"If we cannot live so as to be happy, let us at least live so as to deserve it."
~Immanuel Hermann Fichte

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

danger baby

Twice yesterday a hungry little Elijah decided to pull a chair over to get a waffle out of the freezer, then pulled it over to where the toaster is before getting caught. >< He was really speedy about it - I followed him up the second time (at 4 am) and he was climbing onto the chair at the toaster in no time at all. Needless to say, we now make sure to keep our toaster unplugged when not in use, and he and daddy had a little talk.

He also pulled quite the all-nighter. He & I went to bed at 9 am. :p
I tried everything to get him to lay down last night - but in the end we watched his favorite movies a couple of times each (Gogo Lightning McQueen!) and colored a whole bunch in our blankets in front of the tv. At 3 or so I gave up on the idea of him falling asleep cuddling down here so I tried taking him up to bed, and he kept climbing back out and heading downstairs. It was just crazy - he wasn't acting tired at all. We filled a coloring book and a half & I can probably now quote 2 geo trax episodes & Cars off by heart.

Oh, and he and LV have shared this latest little cold with me. When I finally did get some sleep I woke up all sniffley. :p

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Little kids can get into so much trouble in the kitchen. Playing with the toaster would be a scary one.

Sorry about the sniffles!

Holly Child said...

Oh my gosh...I think I would go insane!! At least you could go back to sleep at 9am, with having the others out of the house! ;o) I don't have that luxury...yet! In about 3-4 years when everyone is out of the house, I'll definitely be going back to sleep! hahaha!

Carin said...

you have your hands full with that little guy :O)