"If we cannot live so as to be happy, let us at least live so as to deserve it."
~Immanuel Hermann Fichte

Tuesday, January 01, 2008

2008

So on the first day of 2008 I figure one last look at 2007 is in order. It wasn't my best year ever, but I survived it smiling! :) Here's a quick look back at 2007...

8 people who made an impact on you in 2007
These are some of the people who taught me something and those who were there for me through some not-so-fun times.
My fil - Vern Sr., Robin, Carin, Faz (don't know his real name lol), Dixie O., John A., Brandon & Jody.

7 pictures of 2007
6 words that describe your year
challenging, melancholy, growth, emotional, hopeful, introspective

5 favorite blog entries of 2007
Feb 21 2007 Play by Play lol it's just a day in the life of April type post. :)
First from March 21, 2007 I heart Fridays made me smile too.
Let it go & Very very very from April 2007 were kind of typical for this past year.
Sweetness, Say that again & How I see them from May 2007 are about the good things i n life, the things we say & my awesome kiddos.
Distractions & Thanks in June marks the beginning of my trying to share in small ways what I was feeling as my father in law was dealing with his cancer. It's kind of an indicator for the rest of the year.
September entries had lots of fun pictures & there was an entry about old songs titled Musical Memories that made me smile.

Well I guess I'll stop since I was only supposed to list 5 entries. lol I guess I got a little carried away. It's kind of fun to look back sometimes. :)

4 songs you loved in 2007
Only 4 huh, well I'll just go from the top of my head then...
Four in the Morning - Gwen Stefani
Hey There Delilah - Plain white Ts
Over You - Daughtry
Big Girls Don't Cry - Fergie

3 big events of the year
My adorable nephew Isaac was born to Jill and Josh, there were some big family moves (my mom finally got to move out of Toronto - finding happiness in the quiet of Northern Ont., and Brian and Beth moved to AZ for school) but one big event changed everything. I borrowed some of Jill's pictures because sometimes words just aren't enough.We greatly miss our grandpa, dad, friend & mentor.
I love you dad.

2 things you learned this year
I was reminded that I can be strong and that it's the people in life that matter. Everything else is gravy.

1 way you changed this year
Hmmm... I'm not sure on this one. I feel older, possibly wiser and definately more tired. lol
I'm still learning how to make my own happiness & figuring out what it's going to take to do just that. My kiddos are still my reason and the possibilities still seem endless. It'll be fun to see what 2008 has to offer. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You have the cutest kids. Great pics of each of them! Love that shot of you too, it's different from the one you shared last time, eh? I still say you have a pretty smile. Anyway fun post.

Denise