"If we cannot live so as to be happy, let us at least live so as to deserve it."
~Immanuel Hermann Fichte

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

A couple of things...

I've been meaning to write on my blog, but it's been a little crazy around here of late.

I found out today that I need to be on medication for high blood pressure. It'll be good to try to get it under control. When I went in for my yearly ob/gyn appt. last month he didn't like how high it was. It was even higher when I went back for a follow-up today. Bummer. Unfair when you consider that I actually love to exercise & take care of myself. Grrrrr...
Kirsten's new school is a year-round elementary & we're trying to figure out which track she'll be on. She could be starting in 2 weeks. She's excited, but we aren't quite ready. She's grown out of so many of her clothes. She's outgrown her shoes too. Can I send her barefoot in underwear? Probably not. She's in desperate need of a shopping trip.
We're trying to figure out a way to get to the Buffalo/Niagara Falls area in August to try and meet up with my family. They don't know this yet, and I'm not sure how or if it's going to work but we are trying. I'm looking into hotels & Vern is figuring out car/gas stuff. Vern's boss gave him the go-ahead if we can figure it out. I'm really hoping that my younger kiddos will finally be able to meet my mom. I'm not sure how we're going to get her to Niagara Falls from Toronto, but I hope we can. It's been way too long since I last hugged my own mama.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh I hope you get it done....I know how much you'd enjoy that trip. :) Thinking positive, happy thoughts for you.