"If we cannot live so as to be happy, let us at least live so as to deserve it."
~Immanuel Hermann Fichte

Monday, July 31, 2006

Spaghetti Night

We had spaghetti & French bread for dinner tonight. Mmmmmmm...

Elijah sat in his high chair smack in the middle of the kitchen stripped to his diaper. He fed himself his little cut up noodles and had a good time of it. He must take after his mommy - he tried his very best not to make a mess & didn't like it when he missed. He picked up every noodle that he dropped.
Little Vern sat at the back porch and enjoyed his spaghetti while he watched the cool lightening show going on outside..
Kirsten joined Little Vern watching the storm. She ate double what I did. She must be ready to grow some more. Fabulous.
Brandon, who helped me make dinner, watched TV while he ate. He's been loving Hell's Kitchen this season. Even I was glad to see Sarah go home. Ick.
Vern sat at his desk while he ate like he does most days. I'm not sure what he was playing. We were just about ready to serve dinner when he walked in the door. He tends to head for his computer pretty quickly.
I sat by Elijah, ate more bread than noodles and tried to decide who I was going to nominate to give Elijah a bath. lol I ended up doing it myself.

We are so not an around the dinner table family. We don't have enough dining chairs for such things, and for some reason it isn't a habit we've ever established. It works for us. I smiled tonight thinking that we were all home and had the same thing at the same time. We may not have been bumping elbows at our little table, but it was good. It was us.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Loved this entry, April...I could relate. :)

April said...

Was that you Robin?! I had a few missed calls today, but the kids broke the inner lcd screen that shows me the number of the caller. I was worried that I missed someone because there were a few of them throughout the day. It was a nice quiet b-day. Thanks for remembering sis!