"If we cannot live so as to be happy, let us at least live so as to deserve it."
~Immanuel Hermann Fichte

Sunday, July 16, 2006

His list


If you were to ask my dad how he's doing this is the response you would likely recieve.
"I'm falling apart. I have a touch of emphezema, a partially collapsed lung, fat around the liver, irregular heartbeat, sugar diabetes, high cholestoral & hearing aids in both ears. But hey, at least I still have my hair."
At least that is the response I got when he called this morning to wish my hubby a happy birthday. He was 10 days early on the phone call (his b-day isn't until the 26th) but it was good to talk to him. At this point every time I talk to him I worry it will be the last time. He's right, he is falling apart. And when I asked him if he's managed to quit smoking yet he didn't answer. That old man is going to die with a cigarette hanging out of his mouth choking the air he's already struggling to get. I'm worried he'll be gone before I have the chance to see him again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

((HUGS)) April...I hope you get the chance to see your dad again soon. I understand about the smoking thing...my grandpa was that exact same way.