"If we cannot live so as to be happy, let us at least live so as to deserve it."
~Immanuel Hermann Fichte

Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Happy birthday Vern!

My sweet hubby is 32 years old today. Sadly, he left for work before the sun came up and won't be home until late tonight. Hopefully he'll at least be able to get away for lunch.

Vern wasn't raised making a big deal out of birthdays. It makes it hard when I want to do special somethings for the kiddos on their special days. He figures the hoopla is silly. He made it into adulthood without ever having anything more than cake on a Sunday for all the family birthdays within the same month. That's fine, and I'm glad he's cool with that, but it doesn't stop me from wanting to change it. I think everybody should be made to feel important and special on their birthday. I mean it's only one day a year. I'd love to whisk him away from work. Really, he deserves the day off but that is so very out of the question with the iso audit going on.
*sigh* It will be one more uneventful birthday for Vern. At least I can control how it ends. I'll do whatever I can to make sure he has a great evening.

Have a great day. I'm off to make a cake.

2 comments:

Julie said...

Happy Birthday Vern!

Julie & Kyle

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday from the Thompsons, Vern!!