"If we cannot live so as to be happy, let us at least live so as to deserve it."
~Immanuel Hermann Fichte

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Sleepy Tuesday

For those who don't know, it's a state holiday here in Utah today. We celebrate the pioneers reaching this beautiful valley, and Brigham Young declaring that "This is the place." It's hard to imagine what the mountains & desert were like before they built the broad roads & irrigated the dry land. I'm glad they did. It's a beautiful place to live. Happy pioneer day to my fellow Utahns!

I'll recognize the holiday by filling out a meme instead of making myself think of things to write about. :)

The first lyrics to pop in your head at the moment are: …I love you, I have loved you all along and I miss you - been far away for far too long. I keep dreaming you'll be with me and you'll never go, stop breathing if I don't see you anymore.

The last time you had your feelings hurt: lol It's happened a fair amount lately. I've been kind of down & probably taking things a little too much to heart. :p One hurt-feelings moment that won’t be easily forgotten was this… Someone whose opinion of me counts for something actually said “you suck” to me and meant it. It was in the context of something that doesn’t matter (a game) but yeah it hurt. Oh man I cried. I have far less confidence around that person than I used to. It isn’t something that could be taken back even if they wanted to. I mean, there's no misunderstanding in a statement like that. It is what it is. There was truth to it so it stung even worse, you know? Oh, and like a week or so later they said it again. I’m still trying to get used to the idea that someone who's opinion I respect thinks that I suck. :o/

Something or someone you think about regularly: My mom. I wonder how she’s doing and if she knows how much I love her. I’m not very good at keeping in touch but I think about her all of the time.

Something you enjoy making: Jewellery! I made a new anklet yesterday.

Someone you’d like to hug: My nephews Chris & Tyler. They give great hugs! It’s been forever.

Somewhere you’d like to visit: Anywhere with a clean beach and palm trees. Somewhere in Hawaii maybe. I’d go crazy taking pics in Hawaii. lol

Something you’d like to say to someone: Actually three someones come to mind…
Jody: Miss you.
Julie: Please update your blog! It’s been forever. I hope you and your family are doing well.
And to B (not Brandon another B): Why? You did something that singles a couple of folks out while making others feel unappreciated and rather excluded. I can’t for the life of me figure out why. It's another one of those "can't take it back" type unfixables. But really, why?

Last week you felt: Icky. I had the worst headache ever. It lasted 3 days. Seriously, it was horrid. I cried when the phone rang it hurt so badly. Vern threatened to take me to the emergency room on day 3 – that’s how bad it was. I tried different pain meds & did a lot of lying down in the dark. I even tried a heating pad as a pillow in 100+ degree heat. Sadly I missed out on doing a lot of things I’d hoped to do because I never did sit up for very long.

Today you feel: Uh, tired. I was up late last night. Hot & sticky too. I'm thinking we need to do a slurpee run.

We're skipping the 24th of July parade and fireworks this year. Brandon & Vern both have their noses in the HP7 book. (Come on boys, it only took me a few hours - I need someone to discuss it with...)
Meanwhile, I'm just hoping for a nap at some point.

Happy Tuesday! Happy 24th! Happy napping!

No comments: