"If we cannot live so as to be happy, let us at least live so as to deserve it."
~Immanuel Hermann Fichte

Friday, July 20, 2007

summer, sleepiness & sunburns

I left my computer on when I left for the store earlier thinking I'd play WoW tonight. Looks like I'm going to blog instead before I crash. I'm so sleepy lately. :p

Good news - My fil is headed home tomorrow. It'll be awesome to have him back at home and hopefully feeling better. Vern saw him today & says that he's looking great. Exciting stuff all aound where that is concerned.

Kirsten & I have been playing with my jewellery-making stuff lately. It's so much fun to play with beads. I even took some pictures in the icky light here at my desk.Little Vern has been bugging for me to make him a necklace. I told him that he had to figure out a pattern he liked & I'd make him one. I'll have to get some leather cording or something and make it "manly" so Vern doesn't ask questions. lol

Well, I have to go over the carpets one more time with the steam cleaner before I can head to bed. :p I really just want to be able to put things back in a more permanent place from the recent flood. (The couch & leather chair are still in the hall awaiting for the carpets to be clean. I've gone over it a few times, making sure I do it well since it was canal water and all. Eeeeeew...)

Sorry for the slowing down in blogging over the summer. The kiddos have been busy getting sunburns and such, Vern has been working hard & worrying about his dad and I've just been trying to stay cool and at least partially awake while attempting to keep my house presentable & kiddos happy.

1 comment:

Freer Family said...

Awesome beading April! Love it! How cute that LV wants a necklace too.
Good news on your FIL. I wish him well.