"If we cannot live so as to be happy, let us at least live so as to deserve it."
~Immanuel Hermann Fichte

Saturday, July 07, 2007

Our Day

We have this dry patch of grass in our backyard right by my window.
It's kind of ugly, so last night Vern decided to water it. Overnight. A good plan right?

Yes, right up until late this morning when the kids noticed that the basement carpet was wet by my desk. And by the stairs. And, um yeah - a nice half of our family room floor was soaked. The window well by my computer had filled partway, and lots of carpet was very very squishy. Sooooo... Brandon and I took turns all day long with the steamvac trying to suck the water up. We emptied that thing a good 20 times or so. Areas were still soggy when Vern got home from work.
Vern took a few turns on suction duty and pointed out that my computer and possibly the kiddos computer would have to be moved to the dry half of the room. So... the next couple of hours were spent moving the tv upstairs, my desk to where the tv had been, the couch and chair down the hall by the toy room & the kiddo's computer desk to where the couch had been. (Well, we're actually still working on the kiddos desk, but anyhow...)

We ended up taking a break right about then so that we could go on some guild runs we said we'd do in WoW. (It's going to take me awhile to get used to how my desk is situated now, but I got to run a couple of instances with my mage so it was a blast.)

Right as we were finishing up Vern decided to put out the industrial fan to help dry the carpet in my old corner out. (It's still a little mushy as I type.) He asked me if I thought I'd be able to keep Elijah upstairs for the rest of the night, since these fans could easily chop his little hands to bits. Right after I responded with a yes I heard a thunk.
Yeah, that's right - Vern minced his thumb in the fan. Thankfully it was the side of his thumb that caught, so it's still attatched and all. Just shaved, sliced, swollen & bruised. Of course when we were rearranging rooms one of the things I had Kirsten take upstairs from my desk was the neosporin & we have no idea where it landed. So instead he did rubbing alcohol before we got him bandaged up.

Well there you have it. Our fun-filled day. :op I had planned to upload some Fourth type pictures, but with suction duty and no computer until this evening that didn't happen. If tomorrow falls in the normal-type category maybe I can play with photos then. Meanwhile...

Have a great weekend!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL!!! I hope you are dried out now. Can't wait to see the pictures!! Love you sis! Give everyone my love and bunches of hugs and kisses!!! xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxxoxoxoxo

Anonymous said...

lol Squishy huh? Good luck with the drying out. Hope his thumb is feeling better.

Anonymous said...

You have a 70 mage in WoW? What other classes do you play? What realm?

April said...

Well, let's see - on draenor...
Arinne-lvl 70 priest (H)
Arrie-lvl 70 shaman (H)
Leilah-lvl 70 mage (H)
Ellesia-lvl 48 warlock (H)
Ellora-lvl 60 pally (A)
Kailla-lvl 38 pally (H)
And there's a lvl thirtysomething rogue(A) that I never play anymore, a druid that was thirtysomething before I switched her back to alliance to help Kirsten out, a warrior that keeps turning back into a nelf because I can't stand being tauren & not fitting through doors who's been to lvl 50 and back more times than I'd care to admit.