"If we cannot live so as to be happy, let us at least live so as to deserve it."
~Immanuel Hermann Fichte

Thursday, December 27, 2007

The Christmas Recap

I hope that those of you reading this little blog of mine had a wonderful Christmas. I was all stressed out, as any less than rich parent would be who wishes they had more to give to those they love.Thankfully, Santa did come to our house and do at least a little bit for our kiddos. It only took me half the night to wrap everything up & put it under the tree. (I would have finished sooner, but we got home from Nina's pretty late.) I did get a couple hours of sleep in before my kiddos wanted to start opening gifts. I really am thankful that they're so easy to please, and that a little of what they needed was ok with them when there was much more that they wanted and plenty more that they could have used. Brandon was a trooper, with hardly anything to unwrap on Christmas morning. At his age I figure it's more important to pick out his own clothes and our shopping trip with him hasn't happened yet. (He had one little thing from us outside of his stocking & the promise of his shopping trip. ><) He still smiled & we all were together - that's what counts, right? We had fun. :) We're still working on being over this latest round of sickies, and I'm still hoping that at some point that isn't December Vern & I will get one or two things off of our lists too. I think Friday is when B and I are going clothes shopping. I'm wishing him good sales and am looking forward to the one-on-one time with him.
Meanwhile, it's late & I'm ready to find my pillow.
'Night! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad that Santa arrived at your house and that you aren't stressed out anymore. Your tree is so pretty!

Denise

Anonymous said...

I love your tree April. I also love the pictures of the kids. I am glad that things worked out for you and the family. I know that this has been a tough year for you. Please know that I am thinking about you guys each and every day. Give everyone my love and lots of hugs and kisses. Love you bunches and bunches! Miss you! xoxoxoxoxoxo