"If we cannot live so as to be happy, let us at least live so as to deserve it."
~Immanuel Hermann Fichte

Saturday, December 22, 2007

naps, bumps & sugar

Vern & I went up to Eden yesterday to spend the night at a condo with Wendy & Quinton. Surrounded by beautiful snow-covered mountains & a hundred thousand happy snowboarders we hung out, played Iron Dragon, had steak frites and a few too many cream puffs. We made it back in time today for the family Christmas party (Which Ben & Wendy did a great job hosting this year). When I finally made it home I had a fabulous much-needed nap. Woke up to a worried Vern holding an ice-pack-covered Elijah. He bonked his head really hard & is sporting a beautiful purple goose egg. Poor little guy. I'm thinking he'll be ok. Now I'm holding him and sharing some awesome white, milk & pb chocolate covered popcorn that our neighbor made. This neighborhood is dangerous at Christmas with all of the yummy neighbor-treat type goodies that get passed around. I have a plate of fudge upstairs, some hand made orange & mint chocolates, almond bark, chocolate-dipped fortune cookies, peanut brittle, chocolate covered pretzels & this tdf popcorn. Oh my.
Well I'm sorry for being busy & slow at posting lately. Been dealing with my second cold in two weeks & finally doing some shopping. I'm sure everyone else is busy and not checking in as much anyhow. At least that's my hope. While I'm sitting here I do want to wish you all a safe and fabulous holiday season, whatever you may be celebrating.

2 comments:

Carin said...

April you where just over the mountian from me and you didn't stop and say hi! I am sure you were buzy sounds like fun.
Feel better.

Anonymous said...

I just want to wish you guys a Merry Christmas. I hope you had a wonderful day. I am not feeling well and have no voice so I couldn't call. I will try to call you tomorrow. I love you April! Give Vern and the kids my love. Lots of hugs and kiss, from all of us!! bunches and bunches and bunches and bunches!! xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo