"If we cannot live so as to be happy, let us at least live so as to deserve it."
~Immanuel Hermann Fichte

Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Ej to the rescue

Drained. Torn. Broken. Tired. Emotionally exhausted.
Those words about sum up how I’m feeling today. I stayed up pretty much all night, and had the pleasure of a huge fight with Vern when he woke up this morning. Neither one of us was completely right, but over the years we’ve perfected the art of making each other feel bad. (Well, he’s not much for showing feelings period, so I shouldn’t speak for him – but I feel like crud.) As a former debater he has little room to accept that the other person’s point has any validity whatsoever, and as an emotional person I tend to end up just crying, angry and losing the ability to rationally make my point. So yeah, I never win our fights, even though I know he’s not fully right. And hopefully somewhere in there he recognized some truth on my part. Whether he feels it’s valid or not.
In any case, today is an “I want chocolate” kind of day, with none to be found and nobody to ask. I made Ej and I some hot pockets for lunch after taking LV to school, and am grateful it’s cold and he’s in a cuddly mood, because he’s about the only thing keeping me feeling remotely ok today.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hugs! I'm glad Elijah was cuddley for you today.