"If we cannot live so as to be happy, let us at least live so as to deserve it."
~Immanuel Hermann Fichte

Friday, March 07, 2008

Spaztastic

If you knew me for the first 2/3 of my life, you’d think of me as a blonde. I was born blonde, and when it started going darker in my teens I started dying it. If you’ve only known me for the last 10 years, then you’d think of me with my naturally brown hair that I’ve embraced and really haven't messed with. When spring approaches I do have a tendency to get highlights but this year I’m itching to be blonde again. I just might do it. I really want to.

Spaz that I am I took a recent photo and played with my hair in photoshop to help me decide. lol I didn’t really get a very light color out of my playing, but that’s ok – since what I’m thinking of doing is a darker/medium blonde with lots of highlights.

Vern is a man with no opinion when it comes to me – he always just says, “do whatever you like” or “if you like it then I like it,” type stuff. My kiddos think I should go for it. Like I said, I really want to. If I get brave and post my spaztastic photoshop experiment could some of you blog peekers be brave too and post a reply for me? Pretty please. Just something along the lines of “go lighter!”, “go medium!” or “leave it alone!” And yes, feel free to call me a spaz. :pI know I shouldn’t have picked a photo with damp straggly hair, but it mostly worked. It was just recent and uploaded to my computer. New spaz moment lol – thinking I should have done something about the squinty eyes while I was in PS. Oh well, not like I haven't already shared it as-is. Just call me Squintz. :p

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL! You are just a little bit crazy sis!! You spent most of your pre-teens and teens blond. Well, except the time you went red with purple underneath and there was a time you went black for a bit right????? Did I miss any other colours??? Are you gonna kill me yet?? What about a red??? (that is what I think I am going to do again) I think a light brown would be nice for you, not too blond. The pain with highlights is roots! Have fun! :) Love you lots! xoxoxo

Anonymous said...

Do it! What you described sounded pretty. The darker/medium blonde with lots of highlights. Show us when you do!

Freer Family said...

I love the middle photo with medium highlights. Maybe even do a couple different shades of blond. There is just something about spring weather that makes one want to go blond. I say go for it! I think you can totally pull it off!

PS- I pm'd you a photoshop question.

Heather said...

GO BLONDE! It's my absolute favorite color!

teresa said...

I like the medium w/ blonde highlights :) Then go blonder in the summer!

Kristi said...

I think your hair is pretty as is, but I also really like the middle look as well. It just feels fun and summery!

Anonymous said...

Go for it April! You have pretty hair, but you could easily go blonde. Maybe try the medium first if you haven't changed it in a long time just to have less of a shock then go lighter for the summer.

Carin said...

I like the natural but I TOTALLY understand the NEED to dye your hair. I told Mike I wanted to do some platnum and hot pink chunks around my face and he just looked at me and said "You know your not 15 right" BUTT HEAD!
I say go for what makes you happy!
HUGS!!

Anonymous said...

Do it! I like the middle version, if that helps.