"If we cannot live so as to be happy, let us at least live so as to deserve it."
~Immanuel Hermann Fichte

Saturday, July 03, 2010

weekend festivities

So we went to the Riverton Town Days parade last night. The kiddos caught lots of salt water taffy & Kirsten got lots of hugs from friends in the parade.
The parade always has such a huge turnout, but I found it kind of long and boring this year. :p

Tonight there will be fireworks over at the city park. My plan is to just enjoy the show & not take pictures. I'll take the flip and grab some videos but yeah. I should at least grab some nice pics of Maiah & the other kiddos before we head over, but I'm not taking my big camera to the park. :p

The fourth of July has been an interesting holiday for me for the last 14 years. I used to get mad at Vern and we'd fight every 4th, but somewhere along the line I passed that point. Now I wake up every day thinking "I'm still here & nothing's changed." So on the day where everyone else is celebrating their freedom & the country they're a part of, instead of being mad & realizing that I feel like I should be a part of the celebration but am not I just woke up thinking "nothing has changed."
Vern told me yesterday that this will be my last year watching the festivities from the outside. I hope that's true. I would love to be celebrating freedom like everyone around me.

The freedom to make one's own choices is most definitely something worth celebrating.

I hope all you readers have a safe and happy holiday weekend. (If you're not in the United States celebrating the 4th, or Canada celebrating the 1st then have a great weekend anyway!)

Hugs!

No comments: