"If we cannot live so as to be happy, let us at least live so as to deserve it."
~Immanuel Hermann Fichte

Saturday, July 31, 2010

stuff, stuff and more stuff

So my new glass frames are a bronze-ish color in front and pinkish inside. The arms are black with sparklies down the side, with gold & black tiger stripes on the inside. They have way more personality than my last pair, and are way more "there" but I totally love 'em. At least I think I do. Still getting used to wearing them, but yeah. They make me smile. :)
 
I needed to take a shot of just the frames to show the colors, stripeys &sparklies better. Maybe I'll get to tomorrow. I think that maybe tomorrow I'll have the chance to relax a bit. It's been a crazy kind of weekend.
On Friday Brandon & I had our doctor appointments for the immigration stuff. Found out that turning 18 made it so that B is behind in immunizations by a few. Fun! Then I flunked the blood pressure test horribly and have to get a note from my family doctor (I didn't even have one on Friday, but have an appointment on Monday with Vern's internist) written to homeland security with either a diagnosis of high blood pressure & a treatment plan or an explanation of me just having a bad day on Friday. (Yeah, I'm a little ball of stress, and when I freak out I can break blood pressure monitors, but it's not like I walk around like that all the time. I just have bad moments, I swear. :p) Either way, B and I both came out of  that appointment having to do more stuff in order to be clear for the immigration papers. The doctor (who had a hard time believing I was old enough to have an almost 19 year old: "you're his mom? You don't look old enough... I thought maybe..." lol) took my blood pressure again to be sure and said it was way too high to let go. Such a bummer. I almost cried when he said he couldn't sign the papers without me getting a note from my personal MD. It just seems like every baby step forward leads us 3 steps back, with so much needing to be done & lots on my mind, and I'm supposed to be able to relax? In the middle of blood tests & such? (That we couldn't afford in the first place, but that's another story.) Yeah... I'm not really super-relaxed of late. 
Ooooh, but Brandon's birth certificate came Friday. Now we're just missing mine, which the tracking says will be processed on Aug. 10th. (*crosses fingers*)

Anyway, that was Friday.

We spent lots of today in Layton with Vern's family again. There was a dinner at Ben & Wendy's followed by a few hours at a swimming pool up there. The kiddos had a blast with their cousins as always - the little ones were sound asleep long before we made it home. It's nice having Brian & Beth in town. Haven't seen them as much in the last year or so.

I'm a little tired myself, but so wound up. I'm really hoping Dissension gets to raid tomorrow. I could totally use some play time. Even if it's just dying repeatedly on Sindragosa with rotating pugged dps. lol Yeah Lore, I swear it's fun even if there's little hope of progressing. I love spending time with you guys that much. :)

Then Monday I have that dr. appointment, plus we have to go back to the clinic and show them our arms are clear from the TB test. (Or not, which would mean chest x-rays, but yeah I think we're good there.) Then I guess there's another family dinner because Vern's aunt is in town. And we have to get B in to get his immunizations. (He's in the same boat I was - no primary care physician, and the internist's office only does immunzations for established patients, so yeah... We'll find someone Monday for him. I hope.)

Oh, and Monday's my birthday. 

That's as far into the future as I'm willing to look at the moment. Right now I really wish we had a bathtub I could fill with some yummy smelling bubbles, am needing some lotion after the chlorine-filled night and just might take some meds to make myself sleep.

hugs!

1 comment:

Robin said...

Well, I figured that I would be the first to do this....

Happy Birthday to you!!!
Happy Birthday to you!!!
Happy Birthday my dear sister,
Happy Birthday to you!!!

I love you and miss you bunches and bunches!!! xoxoxoxoxo