"If we cannot live so as to be happy, let us at least live so as to deserve it."
~Immanuel Hermann Fichte

Thursday, November 04, 2010

Bring the Noise

Our family has had an eventful week!

Brandon's been sick - it turns out he has an inner ear infection (viral?!) and that's why he's been dizzy and feeling cruddy for days.  He's got some medicine to help with the equilibrium/dizzy issue and gets to wait it out. Fun!

 It was important that he feel better enough tonight to enjoy the game. We took our kiddos (minus Maiah) to the Jazz/Raptors game. It was so much fun! Kirsten & I were the only ones cheering (loudly) for the Raptors, B got to wear his personalized Raptors jersey to a game, Elijah got to see himself dancing on the jumbo-tron thing (maybe he made it on tv!), Vernie danced too and found out that games not involving a mouse & keyboard can be fun too and Vern escaped work for a few hours on a crazy day. I had forgotten how much I love cheering for an underdog team in a live game, and I always love crowds - so yeah, it was a good night. Even though the Jazz won. lol  Kirsten did do a good job of taking the advice of the Jazz' slogan. She did "Bring the Noise!" Just a little louder for the Raptors is all. :)

Maiah had a good night too I think! It was her first time ever being babysat outside of Brandon & Kirsten at home. She even let Lauren paint her toenails & do her hair. So fun! Now let's hope she sleeps well tonight. I have a busy morning ahead of me with parent/teacher conferences and an afternoon temple run planned with Lauren (with hopefully a nap before raid night) so a rested Maiah would be such a beautiful thing.

Oh, and a crazy thing happened today. My Canadian passport arrived! I thought it was going to be Brandon's, so was shocked to see my name & picture when I opened it up. Now we have to find out what's up with his. They responded to my status check e-mail with a "please have him call this toll-free number" thing that has me wondering why they've held his this long. They accepted his money in early October, so I just figured it was slow to arrive or be processed or something, but with how quick my turnaround was after my resubmit I'm now just hoping nothing's wrong with his application. We'll find out soon I hope. Please pray, cross your fingers or whatever other helpful thought comes to mind for my B and his passport. We need things to keep moving forward for sanity's sake. :p

Okay, so I'm up way too late again with so much more I'd like to do & say but I had better go find my pillow.
'night blogland!

2 comments:

MamaBug said...

Yay for your passport!!! I hope they get everything sorted out with Brandon's soon.

PS...we are blessing the baby this Sunday at 11am. I told Vern when I saw him Monday, but I wasn't sure he'd remember. :)

Robin said...

GO RAPTERS!!! lol! Gotta love the Toronto team! YES! You got your passport!! Call about Brandons. His should have been there by now. :( I hope things start moving faster for you sis! Love you lots! xoxoxo