"If we cannot live so as to be happy, let us at least live so as to deserve it."
~Immanuel Hermann Fichte

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Girl talk.

Last night instead of logging back into WoW like I had planned I ended up hanging out with Kirsten. We talked about everything under the sun & she ended up staying up way later than a 10 year old should. lol
It was awesome to just talk to her. She's strong & smart. She's a good friend and a caring person. I was able to hopefully help her with some things and through my sometimes not so great example give her some ideas that will help her to be safe and happy.
It's amazing to watch your kiddos grow up and go through similar things that you did. Kirsten has had some better luck than me in some areas. She has a little more confidence than I did at her age. It's awesome to see the strength that comes out of that. She's a good kid. She drives me nuts at times, but considering what I did to my mom when I was younger I figure it's par for the course. I'm pretty lucky. She's pretty awesome.

No comments: