"If we cannot live so as to be happy, let us at least live so as to deserve it."
~Immanuel Hermann Fichte

Monday, October 15, 2007

It smells like Autumn

My house smells so good today. It smells like autumn. :o) I made rolls. (Which we've thoroughly enjoyed - they were gone so fast when the kids walked in the door. lol)
I'm thinking I want to make some apple crisp today too. We have a ton of apples and that just sounds so good right now. Yum.

Outside seems more autumn-like today as well. We enjoyed walking through our first crunchy leaves on the way to school. The trees in the valley are finally turning. Slowly but surely they're dropping from limbs to decorate the ground.

I truly do love October. I'm sad that I didn't get a picture of the humungous pumpkin on our doorstep or the mountaintops to the east all covered in snow, but I guess there's no harm in saving something for later.

I'm off to slice apples. Have a great day!

2 comments:

Kristi said...

Mmmm...rolls and apples!!

Freer Family said...

Mmmmm, I love the smell of bread baking.