"If we cannot live so as to be happy, let us at least live so as to deserve it."
~Immanuel Hermann Fichte

Monday, October 01, 2007

Happy October!

October started on a very windy sort of day. It was beautiful out for our daily walk to the elementary school - sunny with quite the wind going on. Loved it. :)

This entry will be quick, I have cookies baking. (Strawberry cake mix cookies - yum!)

My big sis recently e-mailed me some pictures from when she visited my mom. I cried when I saw them. I love this woman. I haven't seen her in over 11 years. She looks happy. That's the most awesome thing. Hi mom! :)
Another happy: My fil seems to be doing well. He's working from home and more importantly, working on getting better. Life sure has changed for our whole family with his illness, but we're sure grateful he's fighting this and doing his best to stick around.
I always mention how Elijah likes to sit with me at my computer whatever I may be doing. I decided to take a shot of him just now (icky lighting and all) to share what greets me every time I sit here. I'm so lucky that he likes to hang out with me. Could you refuse cuddles from this little guy? lol
Well, the cookies are done, so Ej and I are off for a treat. :)
Have a great day!

2 comments:

Kristi said...

April- you look a lot like your Mom! I love the peeking picture of Elijah!

Anonymous said...

You do look like your mom, your FIL looks like he's doing well and Elijah is adorable. Does he "help" you type the way Lexie helps me? ;)
Oh, and I'm on my way over for cookies.