"If we cannot live so as to be happy, let us at least live so as to deserve it."
~Immanuel Hermann Fichte

Sunday, September 30, 2007

Snow in September?!

It's been a wonderful Saturday. I had a fun evening out with the girls. (Thanks Nina for inviting me!) It was a little crazy with the rain & snow, but an absolutely great day.

I figure that since it's late I'll post my Sunday meme before heading to bed. I'm likely to sleep a bunch tomorrow - Sundays are wonderful for naps. :)

Some of these questions are repeats, but not recent ones & they're the kind that you'd answer differently depending on the day anyway so I didn't mess with it.


7 signs that autumn has arrived.
There’s snow up in the mountains. (Some even tried to fall in the valley today. Craziness!)
I’ve pulled out my favorite sweater & even wore it the other day.
I haven’t worn shorts or capris in over a week.
Getting out of my warm bed in the morning makes me shiver. Getting out of the shower is even worse. Brrrr...
I wore my black wool coat when I went up to the conference center tonight. Brrrr…
There are a few bare trees around, and even the leaves in the valley have begun changing colors.
Parent/teacher conferences are next week. lol That makes me think of Kyle. We really do have pt conferences. ;)
6 songs on your current playlist.
Oh this one will be random. I have a huge Youtube playlist going atm that I listen to while blogging, playing WoW etc.
I Will Follow You Into the Dark by Death Cab for Cutie (Thanks B - its been stuck in my head all week. A good "mom, you'd like this song" share.)
Home by Daughtry He's still the man. Mmmm...
Have You Ever by Brandy In a paticularly sad sort of mood the other day this song actually made me cry. I needed to & am glad it's still on the playlist.
Bring Me To Life by Evanescence Go Amy Lee! The woman has a voice.
Days Go By by Dirty Vegas Yep, both versions. Just because. Another one that's Brandon's fault. And Jody's. Actually, I think Jody reminded me of this one first, then B played it the next day. Yeah. With 2 recommendations it's gonna stick. ;)
When I'm With You by Simple Plan I love this song, and these guys are just awesome live. Yes - I have both of these performances on my playlist as well. I have never claimed to be decisive. ;) I hear they have a new album coming out this year. Yay!!!!
5 things said to you this past week.
“Thanks mom.”
“You have great legs.” (A personal favorite. Go me! lol)
“Well aren’t you looking beautiful!” (Awww thanks. It was something I needed to hear.)
“I’ve missed you.”
“I love you.”
Actually, based on those 5 things it’s got to be safe to say I’ve had a good week. :o)
4 movies you want to watch again.
Music & Lyrics
Pursuit of Happiness
Knight’s Tale
I’d say the Fifth Element but we’re watching it right now.
13 going on 30
3 things you’re known to crave.
Um let’s see…
I recently discovered chipotle ranch Pringles. Oh my. Thank goodness I’ve trained my kiddos to like yummies with heat so that I can just eat a few and beg them to make ‘em disappear.
Chocolate shakes/malts. Especially during Kara runs. lol
Quiznos. Mmmmmm…
2 pictures of you.
That aren't already on here? I can't promise they'll be good ones.
...And it's as I expected. I dug through the files and found these. Uh, they might not get to stay. lol
There’s the one that has been dubbed my mugshot Thank you sis! :p and one slightly distorted shot that Kirsten took in August on my very, very, very bad hair day. (Yeah... I don't recommend having someone take a picture of you from forehead level on this sort of hair day.)

1 happy thought.
I’m hanging out right now with my 4 beautiful kiddos watching one of my favorite movies. It doesn’t get better than that. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you had a good day, but snow? That isn't autumn that's winter. I have a couple of those same songs on my ipod. I hadn't seen the live version of I'll Follow you into the dark. The studio video for it is so cool though. I'd never seen Amy Lee live either. She needs to wear less eye makeup, but wow she really can sing.