"If we cannot live so as to be happy, let us at least live so as to deserve it."
~Immanuel Hermann Fichte

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

A birthday, a video, a worried mom & a teenager.

I want to send a shout out to my brother Aaron before midnight hits. Today is his birthday & I'm hoping he's had a fabulous day. Happy birthday!

Ever since the first time Brandon showed me Ok Go's Here it Goes Again video it's made me smile. Kinda cool stuff. :) These kids did an awesome job copying it for their high school talent show. I was just going to share the original video, but then I found a side by side comparison of the actual video and the high school boys' performance. The person who made this just synced the original with the boys version, so the sound is from the high school auditorium. Not fab sound, but still fun. :)
Speaking of Brandon, I let him go to the State Fair with his friend Morgan today after school. He promised he'd be home between 7:00 & 8:00, when Mo had to be home. It's 9:30 now and still no B. I don't know whether to be mad or worried, and can't find his friend's phone number. I used to keep it on my desk but can't find it. I really, really, really hope that he's just in trouble for being out late and not calling. C'mon B, walk in that door.

I'm back for 2 reasons.
#1 to say that B made it home safe & with a semi-decent excuse. (Thank goodness.)
#2 is to add Ok Go's original video, because even though the comparison shows how good a job those boys did, I still love the actual video. It's said that they did it in one take, and B has seen them perform it live and says that they did awesome.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ok Go did the treadmill routine live at last year's (2006) MVAs. They won some awards for it. They do it at their live shows all the time too, and I know I've seen it live somewhere else. They rock. The dancing in the backyard one they were just practicing that routine and grabbed a friend's video camera for kicks. They ended up releasing the vid without their label's permission. The dance contest they had on you tube resulted in lots of copycat attempts but that wedding one was done really well.

I love that they have their bass guitarist play lead vocals in both these vids. lol He's got the moves.