"If we cannot live so as to be happy, let us at least live so as to deserve it."
~Immanuel Hermann Fichte

Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Now that's a long weekend.

Please forgive the rambling sort of entry that results when I do a late-night post like this. I didn't get to blog much this weekend, or even sit at my computer much for the last couple of days so I figure a recap is in order.

First of all, Brandon was sick on Friday night and Saturday with the stomach flu. LV started to feel sick this morning and was barfy tonight. Before heading to bed tonight Kirsten told me her tummy hurt... Fun! :p So Brandon stayed home from Abby's birthday party, and we cut this morning's trip to the park a little short for lil Vern and we had everyone in bed early tonight after a bbq at my in-laws.

I have a gazillion photos to share of what we did in between barfies and such. We went to one of the bestest parks in this here valley today. It is humungous, and has a town-type theme with little stores and such all set together in a myriad of levels and just cool features. I was told how awesome it was and brought my camera thinking it sounded picture-worthy. This one doesn't show just how enormous it is, since half of it is behind trees - but you can sort of get the idea. Of course, my kiddos and their aunt Lauren stole my attention, so instead I mostly have some brand new photos of my loved ones. :) I'll have to get more shots of this playground some day. It is seriously cool - just not as cool as my kiddos I guess. ;)
Sadly I still have no smiley shot of Elijah. His aunt Lauren tried to get him to smile for me, but he was totally distracted by the playground. Brandon will kill me for sharing this one, but Lauren did get him to sorta smile for a picture. lol (Sorry B, I had to - it's just priceless.)

Even though Lv's tummy was beginning it's descent into topsy-turvy he managed to let me take some shots of him. I still say his chocolate brown eyes are just yummy. Kirsten, who's always played model for me gave her aunt a few tips. lolWell, I've had fun playing with photos tonight. I didn't even check into the SG board or WoW. Photoshop is so much fun when you aren't burnt out. lol Be prepared - if I manage to keep the dust off of my camera like I have been this little blog of mine may once more explode with photos.

Anyway, in spite of sick kiddos we managed to stay busy and have some fun this holiday weekend. I hope you did too!

3 comments:

Kristi said...

Sorry about the sick kids, April!

Your pictures are just FABULOUS!! I hope your camera stays dusted because you are so inspiring!

Anonymous said...

That's a cool looking park. And as always great pics of your beautiful kids.

Freer Family said...

WOW! First, that park is soooo cute! Second, your photos are AMAZING! And third, I hope you are all feeling better.