"If we cannot live so as to be happy, let us at least live so as to deserve it."
~Immanuel Hermann Fichte

Monday, September 24, 2007

technical difficulty

All of my photos that are stored on photobucket including my banner & sidebar picture for my blog are missing. :(
I've been trying for 45 minutes to get into my account to see what's up & keep getting a "timed-out" message. I've tried everything. :( All of my photos from the first year or so of blogging are stored there. I'm so sad and my blog is looking sparse. If there are any technical geniuses out there with ideas I'd appreciate it. Maybe it's just something on my end. Either way I just wanna be able to see my old photos and blog banner etc. :(

Update - it isn't my browser. I emptied the cache, triple checked that cookies are enabled - did everything that was recommended and then some. Then I reset my modem. Still nothing. I've been trying off and on all day to get this fixed. Their tech people could see the images just fine. What's weird to me is that I don't even have the "Image hosted by photobucket" icon where the pictures should be, indicating they were deleted or the server is down. And I still can't get into my user account at all. Just more timed-out messages. Why would I not be able to get into my albums on their site? Seriously, if you're a techie sort I could really use some help.The moderator on their forums who tried to help me troubleshoot was really nice, but it's still broken. I can't fathom why I wouldn't be able to login to their server. I just tried again. It timed out. I do know that it probably isn't my modem, browser, computer or firewall. I spent all day quadruple-cheking those things. I know it worked fine last night, then was wonky this morning. Nobody here touched anything in that time frame. (I actually slept - go me :p)

Maybe I'll end up switching to the new blogger stuff after all. :p I'd miss having some of the photos from early posts though. Changing the banner & such is no biggie, but those photos will be missed and it'd be a pain to go back and try to put 'em back up. :p :p :p I miss my photobucket. :(
What a day. :( I think I'm going to have me a bubble bath. That'd be a good way to spend my "me" time tonight.

No comments: