"If we cannot live so as to be happy, let us at least live so as to deserve it."
~Immanuel Hermann Fichte

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

curiosity and a bunch of yumminess

I'm all unsure what to say at the moment, so I'm just going to put this out there...

Vern has informed me that judging by the things I talk about here my priorities are all horribly crazy. He actually had me read back and count how many times I mentioned certain things to try and make a point. The point wasn't clearly made at all, but yeah. I still say he's wrong and he still says some things are more important to me than he thinks they should be.
So are there any of my blog readers out there willing to take a look over more than just the first page of this thing & take a stab at telling me what their impression is of what's important to me? I'm totally curious now about what kind of impression people get when they walk away from here. There's so much that I don't say - I wonder if there is something to the things I do chose to write about. Oh, pictures and stuff count too. He had me counting everything. His impression just seemed so out there to me, and so far from what I feel when I write that I'm way curious now. And a little bit tentative about talking at all, since apparently everything I've ever felt or written in all these years is fair game when he feels like picking a fight. :p
Yeah, if you get any sort of impression at all about me & what's important to me I'd love to hear what other people think. :p

And on a completely different (and important! lol) note, I need to put some videos up for my viewing pleasure. I was looking up the lyrics for Daughtry's no surprise & stumbled on this vid of Chris singing a cover of Lady Gaga's poker face. (Ok, so I completely can't stand that chick, so I've avoided hearing this song at all costs in the past, but wow just, wow - I could watch a video like this of Chris Daughtry all day long. For days on end.) Mmmm... yeah. I even found myself singing it on the way to the store today, so I guess the song has some merit too. As long as it's gaga-free. lol :) I'm also sharing a live performance of No Surprise since that's what got me on my current Chris kick in the first place, and a third live/unplugged version of What About Now that he did for AI gives back a couple years ago. (I watched a bunch of vids from his AI days too - how did I forget that he covered Broken & Hemorrhage? He always chose awesome songs and had the best performances. No wonder I loved him even back then. :))

Now to see if photoshop will work for me today so I can get some stuff done whilst Maiah naps. I had to clear a bunch of stuff off my hard drive this past week to try to get ps to run properly, and then yesterday it just flat out wasn't working. After a whole lot of freaking out and praying it decided to behave last night, so I'm on a kick to spend every waking moment I can finishing things up before it or my computer decides to die on me. Yeah. Wish me luck! :)

4 comments:

~**Dawn**~ said...

Well, I am little more than a quiet lurker most of the time, but I have been reading for a long time. My impression is that your children, photography, and enjoying the little things in life all come across as big parts of your life. I can definitely say you haven't left a bad impression, or I wouldn't continue to come back--even if it *is* quietly most of the time. Also, to be fair, as a blogger, I understand that many aspects of your life aren't revealed in the context of a blog. My own is just a small peek at my little world. There are some parts, no matter how important to me (and sometimes *because* of their immense value to me!) that I choose not to share with the whole internet. I always remember that may very well be the case on any blog & what a blogger chooses to put out there.

Julie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Julie said...

I have six words for you:

Brandon, Kristin, Little Vern, Elijah, Maiah.

That's where I see your priorities. You rarely mention WoW and when you do it is really in a wish I was able to play but I'm too busy kinda way.

*hugs*

April said...

Thanks so much gals. :)
And miss you Julie! /hugs!