"If we cannot live so as to be happy, let us at least live so as to deserve it."
~Immanuel Hermann Fichte

Monday, April 19, 2010

glitter in the air

Mmmmmm... sparklies! Okay not really - it's just a picture from yesterday. I wanted a pic to blog with, and this isn't much but it's all I have. :p It needed something & I've been wanting to share these lyrics, so yeah. Why not.

You see, the first song on my sidebar is actually one of my favorite performances of all time. It's Pink's Glitter In the Air. I just happen to love the lyrics. I heart Pink! She's so awesome live, and this performance was just flawless. :)

Have you ever fed a lover with just your hands?
Close your eyes and trusted, just trusted
Have you ever thrown a fist full of glitter in the air?
Have you ever looked fear in the face
And said I just don't care?

It's only half past the point of no return
The tip of the iceberg, the sun before the burn
The thunder before lightning, the breath before the phrase
Have you ever felt this way?

Have you ever hated yourself for staring at the phone?
Your whole life waiting on the ring to prove you're not alone
Have you ever been touched so gently you had to cry?
Have you ever invited a stranger to come inside?

It's only half past the point of oblivion
The hourglass on the table, the walk before the run
The breath before the kiss and the fear before the flames
Have you ever felt this way?

There you are, sitting in the garden
Clutching my coffee, calling me sugar
You called me sugar

Have you ever wished for an endless night?
Lassoed the moon and the stars and pulled that rope tight
Have you ever held your breath and asked yourself
Will it ever get better than tonight? 
Tonight
 

Ha, I probably didn't need the zombaliscious picture in order to share the lyrics/performance of that song. lol I just had it in my head that I wanted to have a picture for my next blog entry & yeah. ...this is where it got me. :)

(If you scroll way down, past our pics, my make-me-smile slideshow, the archives & stuff  you'll see the videos. Glitter In the Air is the top one. So worth seeing imo.  She rocks!)
Ok, so Ej & I decided we liked this outtake better. "You look happy." lol
Happy Monday!

No comments: