"If we cannot live so as to be happy, let us at least live so as to deserve it."
~Immanuel Hermann Fichte

Friday, December 24, 2010

Christmas Eve

Have you ever worried that all you've got was somehow not enough? That's me this Christmas Eve.
Have you ever missed your family or loved ones during a special day & just wished you could change things and show them that they mean something to you even though they're far away? Yep, that's me too.
Have you ever had a sweet little monkey-babe smile at you and make everything seem almost okay, if only for a moment? Their hugs work too, and kisses are the bestest. Yeah. I heart my monkeys, and that's me this Christmas Eve.

Normally I love Christmas. I still do, I just feel a little detached this year - like something's missing. I've spent a lot of years in Utah and have developed a few traditions with my aforementioned babes, but I guess I haven't been caught up in monkey-joy just yet. I'm sure having Chinese food with Vern's family followed by some hopefully smile-filled Christmas morning festivities and our own traditions will bring some good times.

Yeah, it's just been a slightly blue-ish Christmas season thus far. Maybe more blah than blue - but definitely off regardless. Thankfully, I do think all of  my babes will be happy, and so am looking forward to enjoying them (and all of their smiles, hugs & kisses) this weekend. I'm channeling good thoughts to those I love who are far away. I didn't even do cards this year (again) but I'm hoping people feel loved regardless. I was able to do something for my dad that made me feel good. He felt loved I think. :) Hopefully I can do things for everyone else on my list as opportunities arise.

Merry Christmas (or whatever you may be celebrating) peoples! I hope that this entry finds people smiling, healthy and enjoying their loved ones. I'll add tree pictures once Santa arrives. :)
Hooray! Santa made it! My kiddos are going to be so happy when they wake up. Now I hope I can somehow sleep so I can enjoy them in the early morning hours. lol Physically I'm exhausted, but my mind has had problems shutting down & letting me sleep of late.  
Wish me luck!

2 comments:

Robin said...

April, dad loved your gift. It made him so happy! Even though we are so far apart, you are in my thoughts each and every day!! Merry Christmas to you and your family. I love you bunches and bunches and miss you lots!! xoxoxoxo

Vivian Burgon said...

Hello my sweet friend. Finally trying to take some time during this holiday to update my blog and visit yours. I actually know how you feel. I don't know if it's because this year has gone by so fast and things just snuck up on me. I made sure to try to focus more on time with the family this year. But I know I miss you dearly. Would have been so wonderful to see you and Vern and the kids. Hopefully some day. Just know I'm thinking of you and love you. To my beautiful friend, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.