"If we cannot live so as to be happy, let us at least live so as to deserve it."
~Immanuel Hermann Fichte

Saturday, December 04, 2010

pictures will follow

...but I will say tonight that I'm so happy we did this 10k!

The snags didn't stop - but some will make for good memories. :)
Ask Lauren about her chapstick. And me if I can perhaps spot the port-a-potties at mile 3. o.O
It was much colder than I'd hoped, and I struggled with unexpected things (like having to pee so bad the last 2 miles that I could barely run for fear of accidents lol) but my time wasn't too horrible for a first timer. I came in at 1:10:56 (makes the pace 0:11:37) Ty came in at 1:18:25 (0:12:38) Lauren crossed the finish at 1:19:25 (0:12:47) and Vern was at 1:22 (0:13:17).
 I should have come in under an hour. I could have. If I could have pushed at the end like I planned I'd have made it, but I wasn't going to risk an accident so bounce was kept to a minimum. lol I almost cried when we had to cross a bridge over a stream and run alongside it for a bit.
It's all good. I'm ok with things overall. I had so much fun and am already wanting to train for my next race. :D And hanging out with Laurie & Ty is always fun. We're swinging through Arches National park on our way home tomorrow. Fun!

And like I said, there will be pictures.

No comments: