"If we cannot live so as to be happy, let us at least live so as to deserve it."
~Immanuel Hermann Fichte

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Blame Carin

This could also be titled more stuff you didn’t wanna know about April. :p Carin tagged me to post 7 weird or random facts about myself. I've done this one before, but not in a long time. I figure it’ll be easy, I’m plenty weird.

For all of my talk about chocolate (which I do love) my favorite dessert isn’t remotely chocolaty. It’s key lime pie, followed closely by lemon meringue pie. Mmmm…

I have little sense of my own personal space. Get right in my face & I won’t likely flinch. It’s been pointed out to me that it’s a little dangerous at times that alarms don’t necessarily go off for me when people get too close or touch me. I can see that, but think that when it comes to friends & family I find comfort in having people close. :p

I have an unnatural obsession with this stuff. I’ve had soft lips all winter long to show for it. :) Seriously, yummy stuff.

I forgive easily, but also get hurt easily & will remember every detail of how you hurt my feelings 25 years from now. I won’t necessarily hold it against you, but I will remember. :p I remember kindnesses just as long and will return ‘em every chance possible.

I loved horror movies in high school – used to have weekend marathons with friends and had a Freddy Krueger poster above my bed, but don’t handle anything intense at all anymore. Not even some action flicks. I’m a total wuss. :p

I may drink way more diet Pepsi than any one person should consume per day, but I probably drink twice as much water.

Some people think I’m really shy, others think I come across as a snob – the truth is that I am terrified of people I don’t know and am reserved & uncomfortable (think virtually silent) until I build up a little trust in those around me. I must say it’s really annoying when I get the courage up to do stuff with people I don't know in WoW - I literally get shakey until it kicks in that nobody is going to bite or anything. I'm sure I've explained this one before, but I guess it's one I want people to understand. :p

I’m supposed to tag 7 people, but not sure I know 7 who haven’t done this, so if you read mine and wanna do it, you’re tagged!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

mmm...key lime pie. My fave is coconut cream.
And a Freddy Kreuger poster? You are weird. lol

~**Dawn**~ said...

That last one? I understand perfectly. I cannot tell you how many times people have thought I was snobby because I am quiet & reserved, especially around people I do not know. Which is probably also why I lurk on blogs & feel hesitant to "crash the party" with a comment from a stranger.

April said...

Yay Dawn! Thanks for the comment. :) It gets lonely over here when people peek in without saying hi. :p Not that I generally say much worth commenting on, but I do appreciate 'em. :)

Anonymous said...

That lip stuff is great. I use the cherry version.
I can sort of see how people would think a reserved person was a snob, but how unfair for someone who's already struggling. Doesn't sound like fun.
Oh, my vote is for the lemon meringe pie.