"If we cannot live so as to be happy, let us at least live so as to deserve it."
~Immanuel Hermann Fichte

Thursday, February 21, 2008

just a random kind of post

I'm feeling a little out of it tonight. I'm not sure what to blame. It could be the 3 hours Elijah spent crying this morning because he wasn't feeling well. It could also be that I went and caught his cold as usual, or the medicine I took to battle my stuffy head. Maybe it's the trend of eating popcorn or cold cereal for my only meals for too many days in a row. It could be the crazy pace that I raced through all the stuff I needed to get done before tonight's kara run. Or possibly that as I was on my way there I had a friend wanting me to bail on my guild to keep him company, and I said no once again - making him mad and leaving me feeling guilty. Could be the news of yet another funeral for someone Vern cares about.
Maybe it's the lack of milkshakes.
At this point I think I'm going to blame the need for some sleep, since I can fix that once I'm done rambling on.

We did have a good kara run. It was the first time taking in a second team. With Lore & Brandon tanking & a few old Quorum friends joining us it was a quality first run. Even if I somehow stole Bull's A1 and stuck it somewhere on Leilah. :p I always play her so carefully, but something was up with me & dying tonight. Both oopses were on aoe pulls too. Figures.
Vern did great on heals - I was proud of him. It's kinda fun to have new people in the guild, and old quorum raiders are right about perfect in my book. Nothing better than introducing one quality group of players to another. (And even though I don't know them well at all, they're familiar enough faces that I'm not terrified like I would be with brand new people.)

Oh, I took some pics of my babe today. Thought I'd grace my blog with his cuteness.
Is he growing up or what?! It looks a little off online, but I'm too lazy to fix it. He's still adorable anyway. :D

The infomercials for local singles hotlines were driving me nutso & I had to turn off the tv. Just thought I'd throw that in there. Eeeeeeew.

I was described today as "quiet with a hint of mischievious." I think maybe I'll take it as a complement? I'm not sure, but yeah. I guess it's better than something like loud with a hint of somethingorother. (totally blanking lol) I've never been a huge fan of loud. Well, in people anyway. If it's good music that's a different story. Anyhow, I just always find it funny to hear how people see me. It's never exactly how you see yourself. Kind of like hearing your own voice & thinking it sounds slightly off. (Which incedentally kept happening tonight on vent. It was so weird & I kept asking Vern if I really sound like that. :p) Not that in either case the viewpoint is wrong. Just... different. Not sure why that popped into my head, or why I typed it out. lol I'm stealing precious minutes out of people lives with this stuff. Apologies.

Well, I wish I was awake enough to do something like a bubblebath after this crazy day. I think I'll settle for finding my pillow.

'night blog readers. :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry you didn't get a bubblebath after your crazy day. I hope sleepng helped.

Elijah is beautiful. Those eyes! Hope he feels better today. Three hours of crying would make anyone crazy.

You *are* a quiet sort of person. I'm sure it was meant as a compliment. Mischevious fits too. ;)

Freer Family said...

Gorgeous photo! You are so good.
Everytime you say 'kara run' I think of chocolate, lol. Have a good night! :)

Anonymous said...

Cute baby!
Funny post. You seemed tired. ;) I don't feel robbed of my time. Should I? lol